Relive the excitement of the Patriots’ path to their fourth Super Bowl Championship with “Pumped,” a special commemorative book from The Boston Globe.

Braintree

Grill fire causes $100,000 in damage

Continue reading below

An accidental grill fire caused extensive damage to a home on Norfolk Road, but did not injure the four residents there. Fire Department Lieutenant J. Edward Bulger said that on Oct. 16, the department received a 911 call at 4:30 p.m. reporting a fire at the house. On arrival, firefighters found the back wall of an attached one-car garage and a deck fully engulfed in flames. While firefighters quickly extinguished the blaze, the home and its contents suffered $100,000 in damage, mostly from smoke, Bulger said. Firefighters believe the accident was caused by a gas grill on the garage’s deck. The incident was the first grill fire this year in Braintree, Bulger said, and came after the summer grilling season, when such fires are more common.

Loading comments...

Wake up with today's top stories.

Want each day's news headlines delivered fresh to your
inbox every morning? Just connect with us
in one of the following ways:
or
Please enter a valid email
BostonGlobe.com will never post anything without asking. Privacy Policy
Subscriber Log In

You have reached the limit of 5 free articles in a month

Stay informed with unlimited access to Boston’s trusted news source.

  • High-quality journalism from the region’s largest newsroom
  • Convenient access across all of your devices
  • Today’s Headlines daily newsletter
  • Subscriber-only access to exclusive offers, events, contests, eBooks, and more
  • Less than 25¢ a week
Marketing image of BostonGlobe.com
Marketing image of BostonGlobe.com