Matthew Brownsword , Walpole: The senior defender’s cross-goal header against Masconomet in the 16th minute of the Division 2 state championship knotted the game at 1-1. The Rebels lost, 4-1.
Lydia Caputi , Tabor Academy: The senior keeper from Brunswick, Maine came up with 10 saves against Rivers, including stopping a breakaway in the second half, to help Tabor earn a share of the NEPSAC Class B title with a 0-0 overtime draw.
Julianna Chen , Noble and Greenough: In addition to shutting down Choate’s top attacker last Sunday, the junior center midfielder forced a creative save after hitting a set piece to the top corner from 23 yards out. The game remained scoreless and Nobles was named NEPSAC Class A co-champion.
Teddy Craven , Cohasset: The junior defender was tasked with marking the best player on the opposing team in the playoffs and did so, despite two bouncing goals against Sutton in the Division 4 final. He was moved to midfield to help spark the attack and defense suffered, surrendering two goals in the 4-0 loss.
Gabby Kenyon , Notre Dame Academy (Hingham): With the pressure on, the senior captain delivered, notching the winning penalty shootout kick to clinch the Division 2 Eastern Mass championship with a 3-2 win over Wilmington.
Cappiello’s Top 10 boys’ teams
(Final 2013 records)
1. Silver Lake (21-1-1); lost to Somerville, 2-1 (D1 state semis)
2. Walpole (13-8-2); lost to Masconomet, 4-2 (D2 state final)
3. Oliver Ames (14-1-5); lost to Walpole, 2-0 (D2 South final)
4. Hingham (15-5-2); lost to Oliver Ames, 2-1 (D2 South semis)
5. Norwell (17-3-1); lost to Medway, 2-0 (D3 South final)
6. Cohasset (18-5-2); lost to Sutton, 4-0 (D4 state final)
7. West Bridgewater (16-2-2); lost to Cohasset, 2-0 (D4 South semis)
8. Cardinal Spellman (13-2-4); lost to Abington, 2-0 (D4 South quarters)
9. Norton (13-3-4); lost to Holliston, 1-0 (D3 South quarters)
10. Brockton (13-5-2); lost to Needham, 2-0 (D1 South quarters)
Cappiello’s Top 10 girls’ teams
1. Notre Dame (Hingham) (19-2); beat Wilmington, 3-2 (D2 state final, penalty kicks)
2. Cardinal Spellman (16-2-2); lost to Newburyport, 3-0 (D3 state semis)
3. Ursuline (14-4-3); lost to Austin Prep, 2-0 (D4 state semis)
4. Dedham (17-2-5); lost to Cardinal Spellman, 2-1 (D3 South final)
5. Scituate (18-2-2); lost to NDA-Hingham, 1-0 (D2 South final)
6. East Bridgewater (17-3-2); lost to Ursuline, 1-0 (D4 South final, penalty kicks)
7. Duxbury (15-2-3); lost to Dartmouth, 1-0 (D2 South quarters)
8. Rockland (13-5-3); lost to Ursuline, 1-0 (D4 South semis)
9. West Bridgewater (12-5-3); lost to East Bridgewater, 1-0 (D4 South semis)
10. Sacred Heart (13-7-2); lost to Rockland, 4-0 (D4 South quarters)