Arcel Armstead, Bridgewater-Raynham: The senior back (49 yards, 1 TD) captured Cape Cod Café Bowl MVP honors for the second year in a row in his team’s 20-6 win over Brockton on Thursday. Starting back Brandon Gallagher was limited with injury and the flu.
Nick Cidado, Oliver Ames: The senior QB capped his career with a pair of touchdown passes (6 and 16 yards) and a 9-yard run for a score in a 25-7 win over Sharon.
Matt Hines, Norton: The senior split end scored three times, including a 28-yard catch, as his team topped Bellingham, 32-14. His first touchdown was on the game’s opening drive.
John Sass, Randolph: It took a full season, but Randolph finally secured its first win – a 44-20 decision over West Roxbury on Thursday – led by the senior quarterback, who had six touchdowns, two of them rushes.
James Shea, East Bridgewater: The senior receiver closed out the game’s scoring with two touchdowns on the way to a 28-13 win over Rockland on Thursday. He also had an interception in the fourth quarter.
Cappiello’s Top 10 teams
1. Mansfield (12-0); beat Foxborough, 14-7
2. Xaverian (10-1); beat St. John’s Prep, 28-22
3. Plymouth South (9-2); lost to Plymouth North, 39-8
4. Abington (10-2); beat Whitman-Hanson, 26-14
5. Stoughton (10-2); beat Canton, 28-20
6. Oliver Ames (10-1); beat Sharon, 25-7
7. Plymouth North (8-3); beat Plymouth South, 39-8
8. Bridgewater-Raynham (7-3); beat Brockton, 20-6
9. Cohasset (11-1); beat Hull, 20-0
10. Cardinal Spellman (9-2); beat Archbishop Williams, 32-12
Saturday, at Gillette Stadium
Division 1: Central Catholic (10-1) vs Xaverian (10-1), 3:30
D2: Mansfield (12-0) vs St. John’s Shrewsbury (9-3), 1:30
D3: Plymouth South (9-2) vs Tewksbury (12-0), 6
D4: Doherty (10-1) vs. Dennis-Yarmouth (8-2), 11 a.m.
D5: Northbridge (9-2) vs. Bishop Fenwick (11-0), 8 p.m.
D6: Cohasset (11-1) vs Littleton (12-0), 9 a.m.
Game of the week
Mansfield vs St. John’s Shrewsbury: Mansfield puts its undefeated record on the line at Gillette Stadium with a few banged up starters in receiver Brendan Hill (knee) and back Miguel Villar-Perez (shoulder). Can the Hornets hold it together for one more win?