Bridget Herlihy , Braintree: In Saturday’s 57-46 win over Westford Academy in the Division 1 state final, she drained four 3-pointers in the first half on the way to a 14-point, 10-rebound effort.
Austin Joseph , Cardinal Spellman: The senior guard finished with 11 points in Saturday’s Division 3 state final against Tyngsborough, but they came at crucial times. After his first-quarter 3 tied it up, the Cardinals never trailed again, and Joseph hit four free throws in the final minute to seal the 61-51 win.
Ryan Roach , Cardinal Spellman: A team-high 14 points for the senior guard included two big 3-pointers, but the highlight of his performance came on a lob to senior forward Rory Donovan that ended a late Tyngsborough run.
Ashley Russell , Braintree: Scoring a team-high 17 points in the Division 1 final, the junior guard capped off her Gatorade Player of the Year season in style.
Collin Sullivan , Cardinal Spellman: Throughout the tournament, the Cardinals’ five senior starters had drawn most of the attention, but in the team’s biggest game, it was the sophomore who came up big, nailing four three-pointers.
Feldman’s top 10 boys’ teams
(Final records, with last game listed)
1. North Quincy (23-2); lost to Catholic Memorial, 65-58, in D1 South final
2. Mansfield (21-2); lost to Catholic Memorial, 96-90 (3 OTs), in D1 South semifinal
3. Cardinal Spellman (21-4); beat Tyngsborough, 61-51, in D3 state final
4. Milton (16-9); lost to New Mission, 71-63, in D2 state semifinal
5. Sharon (16-8); lost to Milton, 71-69 (OT), in D2 South semifinal
6. Walpole (14-9); lost to Sharon, 72-57, in D2 South semifinal
7. Cohasset (20-2); lost to Bristol-Plymouth, 69-61, in D4 South semifinal
8. Whitman-Hanson (18-4); lost to Sharon, 69-58, in D2 South quarterfinal
9. Quincy (15-7); lost to North Quincy, 64-56, in D1 South quarterfinal
10. Canton (14-8); lost to Bishop Feehan, 73-56, in D2 South quarterfinal
Feldman’s top 10 girls’ teams
1. Braintree (24-1); beat Westford Academy, 57-46, in D1 state final
2. Duxbury (24-1); lost to Arlington Catholic, 40-27, in D2 state semifinal
3. Archbishop Williams (16-11); lost to St. Mary’s, 47-45, in D3 state semifinal
4. Sharon (15-7); lost to Duxbury, 41-26, in D2 South final
5. Brockton (18-4); lost to Newton North, 58-45, in D1 South semifinal
6. Hanover (18-4); lost to Archbishop Williams, 67-38, in D3 South quarterfinal
7. Mansfield (15-7); lost to Brockton, 62-49, in D1 South quarterfinal
8. Ursuline (13-10): lost to Coyle & Cassidy, 56-28, in D3 South semifinal
9. Norwell (19-4); lost to Coyle & Cassidy, 61-41, in D3 South quarterfinal
10. Abington (19-4); lost to Ursuline, 39-26, in D3 South quarterfinal