Sarah Dawson , Bridgewater-Raynham: The junior’s fifth no-hitter of the season could not have come at a better time for the Trojans; she sent back 21 of the 22 hitters she faced on strikeouts in a 2-0 win over North Attleborough in the Division 1 South final. It was B-R’s second sectional title in three years.
Connor DiVencenzo , Westwood: After driving home the only run in a 1-0 Division 2 South semifinal win over Duxbury, the senior took advantage of a 3-2 pitch in last Saturday’s South final against Dartmouth, plating the Wolverines’ first run of the game in the fifth inning. He then came around to score what would be the winning run in a 2-1 victory.
Ryan Earle , Archbishop Williams: Leading the Bishops in home runs, stolen bases, and OPS, the senior earned Conference Central League co-MVP honors after helping ABW reach the Division 4 South semifinals.
John Galvin , Norwood: The senior pitcher carried the Mustangs to their first state final game since 1943, retiring the final 17 batters and going 4 for 4 from the plate in a 2-1 state semifinal win over Andover Tuesday.
Joe Rydzewski , Norwood: In the Division 1 South final, the captain made a defensive play at first base to save at least a run and later came in to pitch, allowing just one of the last 10 batters he faced to get on base while preserving a 4-3 win over New Bedford last Saturday.
Feldman’s Top 10 softball teams
1. Bridgewater-Raynham Regional (22-1); Saturday, played Holy Name in D1 state final.
2. Silver Lake Regional (19-2); lost to Franklin in D1 South first round, 2-0.
3. Marshfield (18-2); lost to North Attleborough in D1 South quarterfinal, 3-0
4. Apponequet Regional (17-4); lost to Archbishop Williams in D2 South first round, 3-0
5. Cardinal Spellman (20-2); lost to Bishop Stang in D2 South quarterfinal, 2-0
6. Dedham (17-3); lost to Case in D2 South quarterfinal, 2-0
7. Norwood (17-6); lost to Bridgewater-Raynham in D1 South quarterfinal, 2-0.
8. Notre Dame Academy (12-6); lost to Hopkinton, 4-2, in D1 South quarterfinal
9. Weymouth (16-6); lost to Franklin in D1 South quarterfinal, 4-3
10. East Bridgewater (17-4); lost to Bristol-Plymouth in D3 South semifinal, 3-2
Feldman’s Top 10 baseball teams
1. Braintree (21-5); lost to Newton North in Super 8 final, 6-2.
2. Bridgewater-Raynham (20-4); lost to Braintree in Super 8 semifinal, 9-2.
3. Silver Lake (20-5); lost to Lincoln-Sudbury in Super 8, 11-4.
4. Norwood (16-9); Saturday, played Leominster in D1 state final.
5. Westwood (19-4); lost to Masconomet in D2 state final, 10-2.
6. Duxbury (18-4); lost to Westwood in D2 South semifinal, 1-0
7. East Bridgewater (19-2); lost to Bellingham, 5-0, in D3 South final.
8. Oliver Ames (18-5); lost to Duxbury in D2 South quarterfinal, 4-2
9. Archbishop Williams (16-5); lost to Pope John in D4 South semifinal, 6-5.
10. Abington (16-7); lost to Pope John in D4 South final, 4-1.