As students go through the search process, there are several questions they should ask each college to get started:
1. What is the total cost of attendance?
2. What financial aid forms are required and when are they due?
3. Are there merit-based scholarships available and what is the application process?
4. Are the grants/scholarships renewable each year and are there conditions?
5. What does the college estimate the total student debt will be upon graduation?
6. What is the average percentage of financial need that is met by the college?
SOURCE: Massachusetts Educational Financing Authority