►Ben Boschetto , Wayland: The Warriors earned a trip to Wednesday’s Division 3 state semifinals after the senior goaltender posted an 18-save shutout of top-seeded Watertown in the North semifinals, foiling a breakaway seconds before Joe Christakis netted the game’s only goal, followed by a 20-save effort in a 3-2 victory over Newton South in the final.
►Justin Hirschfeld , Medfield: With three goals in two games, the senior forward helped lift the Warriors into Sunday’s Division 2 championship game. Hirschfeld’s first was an empty-netter in a 3-0 win over Oliver Ames in the South semifinals, while the latter two staked Medfield to a two-goal lead in an eventual 3-2 win over Canton in the sectional final.
►Meghan King , Wellesley: The junior goalie made 18 saves as the Raiders collected their third win over Milton this season, a 3-1 decision in the Division 2 quarterfinals. King has limited opponents to one goal or fewer on 12 occasions, five of them shutouts.
►Tyler O’Keefe , Shrewsbury: An 11-day layoff made no difference for the Colonials and their junior forward. He netted a pair as Shrewsbury ran over Leominster, 7-2, in the Division 3 Central semifinals, then opened the scoring in a 4-1 win against Wachusett Regional for the Central title.
►Adrieana Rossini , Arlington Catholic: After staying mostly quiet in a 4-2 win over Winthrop/Lynn in the Division 1 quarterfinal, the junior forward and leading scorer netted the winner in overtime against rival Austin Prep in the semifinals, a 2-1 victory. Rossini’s tally, her 30th of the season, gave the Cougars their third state championship berth in as many years.
Healey’s Top 10 boys’ teams
(Records through Monday)
1. Arlington (14-4-5); lost to Wilmington in Division 1 North semifinals, 3-2 (OT)
2. Arlington Catholic (13-7-1); lost to Reading Memorial in Division 1 North first round, 3-1
3. St. John’s High (11-6-7); lost to Arlington in Division 1 North quarterfinals, 6-3
4. Framingham (13-10-1); lost to Braintree in Div. 1 South semis, 2-0
5. Medfield (18-3-3); plays Beverly for Div. 2 state championship Sunday
6. Wayland (15-5-3); played Hanover in Division 3 state semifinals Wednesday night
7. Shrewsbury (19-2-1); plays Westfield in Div. 3 state semifinal Thursday night
8. Acton-Boxborough Regional (10-8-4); lost to Medford in Div. 1 North first round, 3-2
9. Franklin (14-8-1); lost to Framingham in Div. 1 South quarterfinals, 4-1
10. Lincoln-Sudbury Regional (13-4-5); lost to Beverly in Div. 2 North semifinals, 5-1
Healey’s Top 10 girls’ teams
1. Arlington Catholic (19-2-2); plays Duxbury Sunday in Division 1 state championship
2. Acton-Boxborough Regional (21-3); lost to Duxbury in Div. 1 semifinals, 3-0
4. Wellesley (19-1-3); beat Milton in Div. 2 quarterfinals, 3-1
3. Watertown/Belmont (17-3-2); lost to Duxbury in Div. 1 quarterfinals, 1-0
5. Medway/Ashland (15-6-2); lost to Sandwich in Div. 2 quarterfinals, 3-2 (OT)
6. Shrewsbury (13-7-3); lost to Westwood in Div. 2 quarterfinals, 4-2
7. Lincoln-Sudbury Regional (11-7-2); lost to Duxbury in Div. 1 first round, 5-0
8. Algonquin/Hudson (10-8-4); lost to Falmouth in Div. 2 first round, 2-0
9. Needham (9-9-3); lost to Westford in Div. 1 preliminary, 3-1
10. Framingham (7-5-7); lost to Billerica in Div. 1 preliminary, 1-0 (SO)
Tim HealeyTim Healey can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.