►Grant Gregory, Dover-Sherborn: Trailing 8-3 at the half to Cohasset in the Division 3 boys’ state final, the Raiders were in desperate need of a spark. The junior All-American attack went on an immediate rampage, scoring three goals and an assist in the third quarter for the Raiders, who eventually lost, 10-9.
►Dave Planchet, Bromfield School: The Trojans had never made it past the sectional quarterfinals. In his first year as head coach, Planchet led the program to the state finals, while his daughter Jackie tallied 128 points in her senior campaign.
►Matt and Robert Treiber, Medfield: After missing much of the season due to an ankle injury, Matt was finally back to 100 percent for the Division 2 state final against Hingham. The sophomore attack tallied four goals and three assists while his All-American senior brother Robert made 15 saves in net to cap off his high school career with Medfield’s 13-6 win for the title.
►Sophia Turchetta, Bromfield School: The sophomore attack continued to add to her growing legacy by scoring the Trojans’ first five goals of its 7-6 Division 2 state final loss to Newburyport. The 5-foot-5 scoring machine has 467 career points, and with two seasons to go is well on her way to challenging the national mark of 695.
►Christopher Wiggins, Acton-Boxborough Regional: Scoring was hard to come by in the Division 1 state final, but the Bentley-bound midfielder found the back of the net when it counted most: a championship-winning, double-overtime goal for the 5-4 victors. The 60-point scorer also notched a tie-breaking goal in the third period against a defensively loaded Duxbury squad.
Snow’s Top 10 boys’ teams
1. Acton-Boxborough Regional (21-3); beat Duxbury, 5-4 (2 OT), in Division 1 state final
2. Medfield (23-2); beat Hingham, 13-6, in Division 2 state final
3. Needham (18-3); lost to Xaverian, 12-9, in D1 South semifinals
4. Lincoln-Sudbury Regional (16-7); lost to Acton-Boxborough, 8-7, in D1 North final
5. Dover-Sherborn (18-4); lost to Cohasset, 10-9, in Division 3 state final
6. Shrewsbury (20-5); lost to Medfield, 14-1, in D2 state semifinals
7. St. John’s High (19-2); lost to Shrewsbury, 7-6, in D2 Central/West semifinals
8. Concord-Carlisle (14-7); lost to Medfield, 12-4, in D2 Central/East final
9. Wellesley (16-5); lost to Duxbury, 10-5, in D1 South semifinals
10. Wayland (15-6); lost to Concord-Carlisle, 15-6, in D2 Central/East semifinals
Snow’s Top 10 girls’ teams
1. Franklin (19-4); lost to Longmeadow, 11-7, in Division 1 state semifinals
2. Needham (19-3-1); lost to Notre Dame Academy, 8-6, in D1 South semifinals
3. Concord-Carlisle (17-3-1); lost to Franklin, 12-11 (OT), in D1 East final
4. Lincoln-Sudbury Regional (13-4-1); lost to Franklin, 8-7 (OT), in D1 East semifinals
5. Bromfield School (21-2); lost to Newburyport, 7-6, in Division 2 state final
6. Wayland (16-5-1); lost to Bromfield School, 9-8, in D2 state semifinals
7. Medfield (17-4); lost to Wayland, 16-5, in D2 East final
8. Westford (14-6-2); lost to Concord-Carlisle, 12-9, in D1 East semifinals
9. Acton-Boxborough Regional (14-5-1); lost to Westford, 15-8, in D1 East quarterfinals
10. Westborough (12-6); lost to Longmeadow, 13-6, in D1 Central/West semifinals
Taylor C. SnowTaylor C. Snow can be reached at taylor.snow@globe.