Are you worried that the lazy days of summer might become a little too lazy? The College Board suggests five ways for high school students to stay on track and make summer worthwhile.
1. Get hands-on experience. Explore the real world, whether through a paid job, volunteer work, or an internship.
2. Take a class. Try something you don’t have time for during the school year, maybe a new language or a twist on a favorite subject.
3. Join or form a book club. Not only will you keep reading, forming a book club will hone your organizational skills.
4. Keep a journal. Whether a diary or a blog, it will boost your writing skills and may provide grist for that college application essay.
5. Read the news. Whether in print or online, news reports can help expand your vocabulary as well as your knowledge of national and world events.