INDIANAPOLIS — The owner of one of the homes that exploded in Indianapolis said Monday that a problem furnace could be to blame for the blast that killed two people and damaged dozens of homes so severely officials say they must be demolished. John Shirley, 50, of Noblesville, Ind., said his daughter told him last week that the furnace in the home where she lives with her mother and her mother’s boyfriend had gone out and required them to stay at hotel. But Shirley also said when he asked if the furnace had been fixed, his daughter said yes, and he wasn’t aware of any additional problems until he heard from his daughter again Sunday morning. ‘‘I get a text from my daughter saying ‘Dad, our home is gone,’’ he said.
Unlimited access to BostonGlobe.com for only 99 cents for the first 4 weeks.Sign up
Are you a home delivery subscriber?
Get FREE access as part of your print subscriptionStart Here
Contact us for help