February 25, 1950:  A parade of 100 cars from the State House preceded the ceremonies at the dedication of the new bridge. In the foreground could be seen some of the old autos which participated. At the right is the viewing stand where the flag was raised. Gov. Paul A. Dever cut the ribbon on the new bridge and called the completion of the bridge,