Globe Insiders

Paragon Park

Paragon Park was part of Hull’s Nantasket Beach for more than 100 years. Originally named Atlantic Park, it was built in 1868 and renamed Paragon Park in 1905. A fire destroyed much of the park in 1963, but it came back as strong as ever. The park finally closed in 1985, but the carousel still spins for visitors as it has for 85 years. — Lane Turner and Lisa Tuite

Real journalists. Real journalism. Subscribe to The Boston Globe today.