Striking it rich in the NFL Draft is an annual goal for every general manager. And the Patriots, like many teams, often take a mixed bag of results away from the annual NFL selection meeting.
But while the Patriots have seen their fair share of busts (Hart Lee Dykes, Chris Canty, Ras-I Dowling), they’ve also had plenty of success adding players to their core through the draft - an achievement they hope to repeat on Thursday night.
In our new sortable database of the Patriots’ draft history, we’ve made it easy for you to explore the franchise’s hits, misses, hidden gems and biggest failures.
Among some of the highlights found in the database:
• The biggest collegiate pipeline to the Patriots over the years has been from Boston College. The Patriots have selected more players from BC (18) than from any other school. Notre Dame (15) and Michigan (13) have been the next most popular colleges for the Patriots.
You have reached the limit of 5 free articles in a month
Stay informed with unlimited access to Boston’s trusted news source.
- High-quality journalism from the region’s largest newsroom
- Convenient access across all of your devices
- Today’s Headlines daily newsletter
- Subscriber-only access to exclusive offers, events, contests, eBooks, and more
- Less than 25¢ a week