If you registered for the Free Trial:
1. I registered for the free trial, do I still have access to BostonGlobe.com.
After the free trial period, you must be a subscriber (either print or digital) to have complete access to the site. The email and password you used was for temporary access for use only during the free trial.
2. I am a home-delivery subscriber to the Globe, how do I access BostonGlobe.com after I accessed it during the free trial period?
As a home delivery subscriber you can get free access BostonGlobe.com by connecting your home delivery account to a BostonGlobe.com account. By connecting your accounts you will have continuous access to BostonGlobe.com now after the free trial ended. You’ll need your home delivery account number, and either your phone number or the last four digits of the credit card you use to pay for your home-delivery subscription.
3. I am not a subscriber to the Globe, how do I access BostonGlobe.com after the free trial period?
Simply go to BostonGlobe.com in your web browser. After you’ve logged in or signed up you’ll have access to the full site for the free trial period. Once the free trial ends you’ll need to become a subscriber in order to enjoy continued access to the site. 4. I used My Saved during the free trial, are they still saved? All free trial My Saved story lists were temporary and will not be available. You will need to start a new My Saved. Where can I find the stories I had saved in My Saved during the free trial?
6. Are all the articles from The Boston Globe print edition on BostonGlobe.com?
All of the editorial content from that day’s Boston Globe print edition appears on BostonGlobe.com. Daily comics and crosswords are also included. Classified advertising and death notices will always appear on Boston.com.
7. How can I see just the stories that were in the morning’s paper?
There is a “Today’s Paper” section listed in the top navigational bar. It presents all the stories in that day’s Globe as they were printed in the newspaper.
8. Where can I find the ‘g’ section from the newspaper?
The ‘g’ section can be found in the “Today’s Paper” section listed in the top navigational bar. Content from the ‘g’ section is also available throughout the site within the appropriate topic listing, such as Arts or Features.
9. Where can I find classifieds – jobs, autos, and real estate?
The classifieds are located on Boston.com, and can be accessed from BostonGlobe.com by using the links on the top left hand side of the page.
10. Where can I find obituaries and paid death notices?
There is an obituary page on BostonGlobe.com, which includes the obituaries that ran in that day’s paper. A complete listing of all death notices can be accessed from a link on the obituary page on BostonGlobe.com. The link will take you to Legacy.com, the site that hosts the death notices for Boston.com and the Globe.
11. Where can I find box scores?
Box scores are not currently available on BostonGlobe.com, but will be coming soon. In the meantime, they will be available on Boston.com.
12. Are you planning to allow comments on BostonGlobe.com?
We will be launching our comments feature in October, after the free trial period ends.
My Saved Feature
13. What is the My Saved feature?
The My Saved feature allows you to save articles to read later either online or offline. It’s easy to use. Just click on the ‘save’ button that appears when you mouse over the headline of a story.
14. Can I read My Saved stories offline?
Yes. The My Saved feature allows you to read the 20 most recent stories that you have saved offline, as long as you have a device that supports Java script and local storage. The My Saved feature also synchs your activity across different devices (so you can save an article at your desktop computer at home and can then read it on your mobile phone) and allows you to access articles when you don’t have a data connection.
15. How can I find the stories that I have saved using the My Saved feature?
When you save a story it gets added to your personalized My Saved section. You can access your My Saved section from two primary places on BostonGlobe.com:
· A link in the navigation bar across the top of the site
· A strip anchored to the bottom of the browser If you have a tablet or a smart phone you can also choose to create a shortcut to your My Saved account by adding an icon for My Saved to your home screen.
Free access for Globe home-delivery newspaper subscribers
16. I get home delivery of the newspaper. Do I get free access?
Yes. Home-delivery subscribers to The Boston Globe get free, unlimited access to BostonGlobe.com on any device.
17. I am a home-delivery customer. How do I activate my free, unlimited digital access?
To activate your free, unlimited digital access you’ll need to connect your home-delivery subscription to your BostonGlobe.com account. You’ll need your home-delivery account number, and either your phone number or the last four digits of your credit card you use to pay for your home-delivery subscription. Free, unlimited digital access is provided to all print subscribers, no matter what type of subscription you have (daily, weekday, Weekender, Sunday only,etc.). Please note that free access is for home delivery customers only. If you purchase single copies of the newspaper at a newsstand or other retailer, you will need to purchase a digital subscription separately. Digital subscription benefits for print subscribers also include the Globe Reader. Please note that e-reader editions (Replica Edition, Kindle, Nook, Sony Reader, Kobo Reader) are not free to print subscribers.
Digital-only Subscription to BostonGlobe.com (for non-subscribers to the Globe newspaper)
18. What is a digital-only subscription? How much does it cost?
A Boston Globe.com digital subscription provides ongoing unlimited access to the Boston Globe.com Web site from any computer or device that has access to a web browser. BostonGlobe.com subscription costs are $3.99 per week All home-delivery subscribers (7-day, Monday-Friday, Weekender, Sunday only, etc.) get access to BostonGlobe.com for free. *Note: Boston Globe.com digital subscriptions do not include e-reader editions (e.g., Kindle, Nook, Sony Reader, Kobo Reader). Additional restrictions apply. Subscription offers will be available at the end of the free trial period.
19. How do I get a digital subscription to the BostonGlobe.com Web site only?
Simply go to BostonGlobe.com in your web browser. You will be prompted to log in or subscribe or click Sign Up to see digital subscription offers.
20. Are there any subscription discounts?
There are currently no subscription discounts.
21. How are digital subscriptions billed?
We accept major credit cards. Subscriptions are billed every four weeks. Your subscription will be renewed automatically, and you will be charged in advance of each billing cycle unless you cancel.
22. How do I change my current digital subscription package?
Currently, you must call Customer Service at (617) 929-2233 to change your digital subscription. We plan to support changing your subscription through the Member Center area soon.
23. What is the cancellation and refund policy?
You can cancel your subscription at any time. When you cancel, we will stop charging your account the following billing cycle. Billing cycles are determined by the subscription package you purchased. If it is four weeks, your unlimited access will continue for the remainder of the current four-week period. If you billing cycle is longer than 4 weeks then your unlimited access will continue to the end of the billing cycle.
24. How do I change the e-mail address that’s associated with my digital subscription?
During the free trial period, simply re-register using a new e-mail address. After the free trial period ends, to change your e-mail address, visit the My Account area. In the Member Center section, click the Change link below your e-mail address. Enter a new address, and then click Save. If the e-mail address you want to use is already associated with a different Boston.com or BostonGlobe account, an error message will appear. To resolve this, please complete the steps on the Subscription E-Mail Address help page. You can also watch a step-by-step video of the process. If you’re still unable to change your e-mail address, please contact Customer Service - Call (617-929-2223) or chat with a customer service representative.
25. When I go on vacation, can I put my digital subscription on hold?
No. Boston Globe digital content is available anywhere there’s an Internet connection, so there’s no need for vacation suspensions. When you put your print subscription on hold, your digital access will not be affected.
26. Can I give someone a digital subscription as a gift?
Yes. We offer digital gift subscriptions. You can also give the gift of home delivery of The Boston Globe.
27. I am affiliated with a college or university. Can I get a digital subscription discount?
We do not currently offer college or university subscription discounts. We are in the process of creating special programs for colleges and universities, so please make sure your e-mail address is up-to-date so you can receive the latest site news and announcements from BostonGlobe.com
28. I’m not currently a subscriber to the Globe newspaper. Do I get access to anything for free?
After the free trial period, visitors to BostonGlobe.com can always browse the home page and section fronts. Articles, slide shows, video and other multimedia features will all require a digital subscription. Subscription offers will be available at the end of the free trial. After reaching the home page you’ll be asked to subscribe. Your subscription helps us continue to invest in the quality journalism you know and love. But if you don’t subscribe, your access will remain limited. Subscribers get unlimited access to the entire site.
29. I have a subscription to The Boston Globe on my Kindle, Nook or other e-reader. Does this give me access to BostonGlobe.com?
Subscribers to The Boston Globe on Kindle, Nook, Replica Edition, Sony Reader, Kobo reader and other e-reader devices will NOT receive full access to BostonGlobe.com. At this time, we’re not able to connect other e-reader subscriptions to BostonGlobe.com subscription. Each must be purchased separately. Please make sure your e-mail address is up-to-date so you can receive the latest site news and announcements from BostonGlobe.com
30. Do you offer free trial subscriptions?
There is a free trial period through mid-October, 2011.
31. I’m outside the United States. How will my subscription price be calculated?
All BostonGlobe.com subscription prices are in U.S. dollars. If you’re outside the United States, we’ll calculate your subscription price each billing cycle (every 4 weeks), based on the exchange rate at the time of the calculation.
Access to BostonGlobe.com, Globe Reader & Misc.
32. Can I get BostonGlobe.com access on my smartphone or tablet?
What devices are supported? Yes. Our subscription options include unlimited access to BostonGlobe.com on any computer or device that has access to a web browser.
33. Can I access my digital subscription on more than one computer, smartphone or tablet?
Yes, as long as your subscription covers the devices you want to use. You can access BostonGlobe.com on any browser, on any device by entering your user name and password
34. Can I still access BostonGlobe.com articles through Facebook, Twitter, search engines or my blog?
Yes. We encourage links from Facebook, Twitter, search engines, blogs and social media. When you visit BostonGlobe.com through a link from one of these channels.
35. Can I create more than one BostonGlobe.com account that corresponds to my subscription?
Do you offer a “family plan”? We currently do not offer multiple BostonGlobe.com accounts that correspond to a single subscription. Please make sure your e-mail address is up-to-date so you can receive the latest site news and announcements from BostonGlobe.com
36. I’ve signed up for Boston.com e-mail newsletters. Will e-mail newsletters be affected by digital subscriptions?
Your Boston.com newsletters are not affected by BostonGlobe.com.
37. My question was not answered here. How can I get more information?
You can contact us by calling our Customer Service department at 617-929-2233 or chat with a customer service representative.