If you have friends or relatives who would like their own free copy of this daily briefing about Rhode Island, tell them they can sign up here.
Happy Friday and welcome to Rhode Map, your daily guide to everything happening in the Ocean State. I’m Dan McGowan and I’m going to give the XFL a chance this weekend. Follow me on Twitter @DanMcGowan or send tips to Dan.McGowan@globe.com.
Let’s be honest: This week was exhausting.
From the bizarre Iowa caucuses and President Trump’s State of the Union address to subpoenas in the Rhode Island Convention Center investigation, it hasn’t been easy to keep up with all of the news. Oh yeah, and Mookie Betts was traded, the Chiefs won the Super Bowl and Governor Gina Raimondo endorsed Michael Bloomberg.
To end the week, I reached out to Karen Kalunian from the Heart of Rhode Island Animal Rescue League to see if she could share a few adorable pictures of puppies that are up for adoption right now. If you’re looking for a new family member, you can contact the league at www.heartofri.org
Nothing like adding a little Cappuccino to your life. This fun-loving little bundle of joy is just a 14-week-old chihuahua/terrier mix and she’s just as cute as can be.
Hound puppy brothers, Barry and Earl are just waiting to bring joy and laughter into your home! They are both sweet, smart and playful, so what’s not to love? Each of these boys is looking for their very own family.
Meet one of the “Angel” puppies. She is just one of a litter of ten pitbull-mix puppies. They are all different colors and each one is adorable. They are twelve weeks old and ready to start their lives in loving homes.
Blue Skye looks like she’ll be a puppy forever. She will turn one on Valentine’s Day. She is a white purebred pomeranian who is deaf but that doesn’t stop her from being a totally happy little love-bug.
NEED TO KNOW
Rhode Map wants to hear from you. If you've got a scoop or a link to an interesting news story in Rhode Island, e-mail us at RInews@globe.com.
- Attorney General Peter Neronha told reporters Thursday that he views himself as an activist who wants to use his office to benefit the state, but he does not intend to seek the governor’s office in 2022.
- Big news on the local health care front: Coastal Medical is seeking to join Lifespan.
- American politics is increasingly defined by the divide between the liberal, urban core and the conservative, rural heartland. But David Scharfenberg writes that in New Hampshire, that fault line is hard to find.
- More on New Hampshire from the Globe’s latest tracking poll: Pete Buttigieg is now in a statistical dead heat with US Senator Bernie Sanders.
- Question of the Week: Where is the best place to get a pie in Rhode Island? Email answers to email@example.com and I’ll share the winner on Monday.
WHAT'S ON TAP TODAY
Each day, Rhode Map offers a cheat sheet breaking down what's happening in Rhode Island. Have an idea? E-mail us at RInews@globe.com.
- A group of Rhode Island students who are suing the state for failing to provide them with a civics education will be honored this afternoon by the New England First Amendment Coalition in Boston. Ed Fitzpatrick will be there, so make sure you say hi.
- It’s "Meet the Robot Day" at The Miriam Hospital. Visitors can meet the robots and learn more about robot-assisted surgery. Plus, there’s a naming contest.
- Comedian Jeffrey Dunham is performing at The Dunk tonight.
- Treasurer Seth Magaziner is hosting his annual job shadow day with approximately 100 high school students and six financial institutions in the state.
- The Newport City Council is hosting a meeting on Saturday morning with the city’s General Assembly delegation to discuss legislative priorities.
- Enjoying Rhode Map? Do us a favor and encourage your friends to sign up here.
Please tell your friends about Rhode Map! They can sign up here. The Globe has other e-mail newsletters on topics ranging from breaking news alerts to sports, politics, business, and entertainment -- check them out.