fb-pixel Skip to main content

Firefighters battle blaze at Weymouth home

A fire broke out in a Weymouth home Saturday night, leaving thousands of dollars in damage, but nobody was inside, officials said.

Firefighters were called to 41 Johnson Road at 10:11 p.m. Saturday after “a concerned citizen” called 911 and reported seeing fire coming from the first floor of the two-story home, the Weymouth Fire Department said in a statement.

The blaze was quickly brought under control after firefighters found the fire burning inside the walls and ceiling on the first floor, the fire department said. Crews searched the home for victims but nobody was found inside, the fire department said.

Advertisement



The fire was contained to the first floor but the home sustained smoke and water damage totaling about $100,000, the fire department said.

The single-family home, built in 1923, has an estimated value of about $203,600, according to property records.

Fire crews from Braintree, Quincy, and Highnham assisted the Weymouth Fire Department with mutual aid, the statement said.

Weymouth Fire Chief Keith Stark issued a reminder for residents to check their smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors to make sure they’re working.


Nick Stoico can be reached at nick.stoico@globe.com. Follow him on Twitter @NickStoico.