An 81-year-old womandied after a fire broke out in a mobile home in Hooksett, N. H., Tuesday night, officials said.
Geraldine Hunkins died from smoke inhalation and her death has been ruled accidental, the New Hampshire State Fire Marshal’s Office announced Wednesday afternoon.
The fire was reported shortly after 11:30 p.m., when Hooksett firefighters responded to reports of a person inside a building with smoke at 1 Skyline Ave., officials said.
Upon arrival, firefighters entered the building and found Hunkins unconscious. Hunkins was brought to an area hospital and pronounced dead.
Those with information related to the blaze may contact the state fire marshal’s office at (603) 223-4289 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The investigation into the fire is ongoing.