The Red Sox opened the season against the Baltimore Orioles with a 10-9 loss.
By the fourth inning of Thursday’s season opener at Fenway Park, boos had already showered down on this new-look team, one seeking redemption after a fifth last-place finish in 11 years last season.
Here’s how the game unfolded.
Read more from our Red Sox season preview
- Chaim Bloom is transforming the Red Sox. What does the future hold?
- ‘This group knows what we can do but the world doesn’t:’ Whether it’s confidence or cockiness, Red Sox manager Alex Cora has it
- The ultra-competitive Rafael Devers is the cornerstone of the Red Sox — now and for the foreseeable future
- Dan Shaughnessy: Regardless of Red Sox expectations, this is a day to celebrate the return of baseball
- Meet the 2023 Red Sox Opening Day roster
- MLB season predictions: Will the Red Sox make the playoffs? Our staff doesn’t think so.
- Readers share their predictions for the 2023 Red Sox season
Alex Speier can be reached at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter at @alexspeier. Julian McWilliams can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter @byJulianMack. Peter Abraham can be reached at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @PeteAbe.