On Thursday, the Supreme Court banned the use of race as a factor in college admissions. The liberal wing of the court — Justices Elena Kagan, Sonia Sotomayor, and Ketanji Brown Jackson — dissented. Read the dissenting opinions from Justices Sotomayor and Jackson. Read the majority opinion here.
- 5 takeaways from the Supreme Court decision overturning affirmative action in higher education
- Key quotes from the Supreme Court decisions on affirmative action
- In affirmative action ruling, a glimmer of hope for ‘holistic admissions’
- Political leaders, educators, legal analysts react to Supreme Court’s affirmative action decision
- Harvard students react to ruling: ‘The cornerstone of higher education is having a diverse group of students’