Here’s what you need to know about the upcoming ninth season of “Curb Your Enthusiasm.”
1. Last week, HBO announced the premiere date. It will return on Sunday, Oct. 1. The last time we saw “Larry” was the season 8 “Curb” finale in September 2011.
2. Last year, in describing his decision to keep the show going, David said: “In the immortal words of Julius Caesar, ‘I left, I did nothing, I returned.’ ” Now, HBO has adapted his words for the first online ad for the series return. It reads: “He left, he did nothing, he returned.”
3. In fact, David didn’t do nothing during the six years between seasons of “Curb.” He made his Broadway debut with “Fish in the Dark,” he made an HBO movie called “Clear History,” he had a small role in “The Three Stooges,” he appeared as himself on “Maya & Marty,” and he went on “Saturday Night Live” as Bernie Sanders.
4. The new season will contain 10 episodes. So far, the series has had 80 episodes, making it HBO’s longest running scripted comedy.
5. Among those regulars who are expected to return: Jeff Garlin, Susie Essman, Richard Lewis, Ted Danson, Mary Steenburgen, JB Smoove, and Cheryl Hines. As Essman told the New York Daily News last year, “Half the old crew from six years ago is coming back. They’re incredibly loyal to him, so he couldn’t be the jerk that he is in the show if that was the case. We haven’t shot in six years so I am so pumped to get into those Susie Greene crazy outfits, and I’m trying to come up with a new fashion theme for her this year.”
6. Some guests are also on deck, including Lauren Graham and Chris Williams, who played rapper Krazee-Eyez Killa in season 3.
7. No details have been released about story lines. But filming is taking place in LA, and not New York, so there’s that.