1. Name a pen name for each author:
Charles Lutwidge Dodgson, Daniel Handler, Kevin Christopher McFadden, Dav Pilkey.
2. This daughter admires her father above all else, despite what her small town says about him defending an accused rapist. Name the literary pair.
3. In the 1939 film “The Wizard of Oz,” Dorothy’s slippers are ruby colored. What color are they in L. Frank Baum’s book?
4. What book is this quote from?
“It’s like people you see sometimes, and you can’t imagine what it would be like to be that person. Whether it’s somebody in a wheelchair or somebody who can’t talk. Only I know that I’m that person to other people. Maybe to every single person in that whole auditorium. To me, though, I’m just me. An ordinary kid.”
5. For which two picture books did Chris van Allsburg receive the Caldecott Medal?
6. In Lois Lowry’s “The Giver,” each child has a comfortobject. What is Jonas’s?
7. Which two Caldecott medalists painted a mural in the MIT faculty lounge?
8. Name the four March sisters from “Little Women.”
9. In order, name all eight ducklings in “Make Way for Ducklings.”
10. Complete these titles:
“The Day the ___ Quit,” by Drew Daywalt;
“___ & Park,” by Rainbow Rowell;
“Press ___,” by Herve Tullet;
“Because of ___-___,” by Kate DiCamilllo;
“It’s Kind of a ___ Story,” by Ned Vizzini;
“The ____ War,” by Jacqueline Davies.
1. Lewis Carroll, Lemony Snicket, Christopher Pike, Sue Denim
2. Scout and Atticus Finch
4. “Wonder,” by R. J. Palacio
5. “The Polar Express,” “Jumanji”
6. A stuffed bear
7. Robert McCloskey, Marc Simont
8. Meg, Jo, Beth, Amy
9. Jack, Kack, Lack, Mack, Nack, Oack, Pack, Quack
10. Crayons; Eleanor; Here; Winn-Dixie; Funny; Lemonade
Source: Children’s Book Council, Children’s Books Boston
Joseph P. Kahn can be reached at email@example.com.