Jackie Evancho may not be old enough for an American Express card, but there are still several things the 12-year-old singing phenom won’t leave home without. The platinum-selling “America’s Got Talent” runner-up who has become a PBS favorite is currently on tour for her third album, “Songs From the Silver Screen,” and comes to the Citi Wang Theatre on Friday. The cheerful Evancho recently spoke with us by phone from her home in Pittsburgh about her five touring must-haves.
1. Headphones “So I can listen to music,” she says of recent favorites like “Titanium” by David Guetta, featuring Sia.
2. Cellphone “So I can talk with my friends and family when I miss them.” (And listen to her music, which is on her phone.)
3. Her favorite doll. “I can’t leave anywhere without my Cecelia, she’s a seal. I got her for Christmas a long time ago.” When asked who gave the doll to her, Evancho doesn’t miss a beat and says with a laugh, “I’m pretty sure Santa did.”
4. Her sketchbook. “I can’t live without a drawing pad and a pencil. I like to draw things that are realistic, like people dancing or a hand or something like that,” she says of her sketching.
5. Her notepad. “I also bring a notepad instead of a drawing pad so that if I have any lyrics or poems that might pop up in my head I can write them down, because I am planning on writing some songs for my new CD. I have a few ideas, but I don’t think they’re complete and songworthy yet.”
Jackie Evancho plays the Citi Wang Theatre Friday at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $40-$125. 800-447-7400. www.telecharge.com