LAS VEGAS — A Nevada gambling regulator said Thursday the hackers who knocked down all Las Vegas Sands websites for two days and counting did not steal any patron data, including credit card information.
Nevada Gaming Control Board chairman A.G. Burnett said regulators’ first priority after the world’s largest casino operator was hacked Monday was to ensure the safety of player information and the integrity of the gambling systems.
Burnett said Sands has confirmed hackers did not compromise these two areas.
In December, Las Vegas-based casino operator Affinity Gaming revealed its credit card transactions had been hacked and warned its 300,000 customers to take steps to protect themselves from identity theft.
‘‘The Affinity case looks a lot different,’’ Burnett said. ‘‘That’s more akin to what happened with Target. But that’s not what happened at Sands according to our information.’’
Sands spokesman Ron Reese declined to discuss whether credit card information was breached in the hacking, and instead pointed to a statement the company made on Wednesday.
‘‘While we have been able to confirm that certain core operating systems were not impacted by the hacking, the company remains focused on working through a step-by-step process to ascertain what, if any, additional systems may have been impacted,’’ the statement said.
Gaming regulators are now working to ensure Sands, run by Sheldon Adelson, did everything possible to protect employee information. The hackers, whose identities remain unknown, posted what appeared to be employee Social Security numbers.