Skip the lines at the stores and the bulky gifts this year. Black Friday is out and Cyber Monday is in, offering a plethora of deals on travel you can take advantage of from the comfort of your own computer. Here’s a sampling of some of the great deals out there.
A leading luxury experiential travel company, andBeyond, is offering 50 percent off a Rhino Notching or Elephant Collaring tour. Join conservationists at andBeyond Phinda Private Game Reserve as they locate, dart, and track these animals to help keep them safe. Prices start at $3,425 for Rhino Notching and $3,995 for Elephant Collaring (originally $6,850 and $7,990). Booking code is ANDBEYONDCYBER at www.andbeyond.com.
Want to hit the slopes this season? Liftopia, an online provider of lift tickets and mountain activities, is having its first ever Cyber Monday giveaway. Live Saturday through Nov. 30, at 11:59 p.m. MST, head over to gnarbot.liftopia.com, enter your e-mail address and spin the “Gnar-Bot 5000” virtual slot machine for a guaranteed chance to win between $10 and $250 in Liftopia gift credits. Check your e-mail for the Liftopia gift credit code for the amount you’ve won, and visit www.liftopia.com to redeem your gift credits and buy your lift tickets.
For double the savings, try Renaissance Aruba’s “Case of the Fridays, Case of the Mondays” sales lasting through Cyber Monday. Try the Case of the Fridays sale for casino coupons, free drinks, and DJ entertainment. If you’re looking for something more relaxing, the Case of the Mondays sale offers access to the Renaissance Private Island, discounted spa treatments, and post-spa cocktails. Both sales offer 20 percent off room rates can be found at www.renaruba.com.
If you want an exotic getaway without the 14-hour flight, Terranea has a deal for you. Located 20 miles from Los Angeles International Airport, the resort offers an abundance of Christmas activities for the holiday season. It’s offering 30 percent off weekend rates and 40 percent off midweek rates for all rooms through Jan. 7. Use the code CYBERMONDAY on www.terranea.com to cash in.
CheapCaribbean.com is offering all kinds of deals so you can cruise in style this winter. Starting on Cyber Monday, you can book a three-night cruise to Gran Melia, Puerto Rico, from rates starting at $199. It includes a 20 percent food and beverage credit and a free fruit basket. They’re also offering a $150 site-wide promo for five night stays with the code CYBER150.
American Express is offering new getaway deals Monday through Wednesday. Get 25 percent off bookings with Chicago Peninsula one day, 40 percent off at Riu Palace Aruba another, and 50 percent off at Solmar Resort the next. Discounts apply to trips booked for Jan. 3-31, so head to travel.americanexpress.com for your winter vacation.
If wild is a little more your style, Intrepid Travel is offering 20 percent off tours this Cyber Monday. The largest provider of adventure travel experiences, you can book a trip to Zanzibar, to Central America, or even book a tour right here in the United States. If you’re feeling generous, the site is also offering Giving Tuesday deals where you can purchase gifts for those in need, and they’ll match your purchase dollar-for-dollar. Go to www.intrepidtravel.com to join in.
Head to the Big Apple with deals from NewYork.com. They’re offering up to 50 percent off certain attractions. Go to the site starting Monday to plan your discounted trip.
It’s post-Thanksgiving sales with a twist: Howard Johnson is having an “Orange Wednesday” sale on Dec. 2, the Wednesday after Thanksgiving. Call and request a reservation under the “Orange Wednesday” rate to get a discount of up to 60 percent. But hurry. Each hotel will only take three Orange Wednesday reservations. Go to www.hojo.com/orangewednesday for a list of participating locations.
Looking for the fun of the outdoors, but with a little glamour? Conestoga Ranch, a glamping resort in Utah, is offering a Cyber Monday discount for early summer bookings. Plan a stay for anywhere between May 13 and June 30 and you’ll get 25 percent off. Go to ConestogaRanch.com and use the discount code CYBER for some glam savings.
Woodstock Inn & Resort in Vermont is providing a wide array of savings this Cyber Monday. Get guest rooms starting at $159, bed-and-breakfast packages for $179, and up to 50 percent off standard rates. Visit www.woodstockinn.com or call 855-378-7651 for reservations and savings.
Take a trip up north to Kennebunkport, Maine, or plan one for a friend. The Kennebunkport Resort Collection is offering resort credit with the purchase of gift cards. A $500 gift card will reward you 100 resort credits, while a $200 one will get you $25. Go to www.kennebunkportresortcollection.com/giftcards or call 800-573-7186.
Book a Florida getaway for anytime this December through February and receive 25 percent off through IHG’s Holiday Inn Club Vacations. The brand is offering the discount off the Best Flex rate at four of its Florida resorts. From Orange Lake to Panama City to Cape Canaveral to Marco Island, you’ll be in for a treat. Visit www.hiclubvacations.com/cybermonday.
Super bargain hunters will love the digital travel offers from RetailMeNot. Travelers can use coupons and offers from this site on top of the discount sites they already use to book. You can’t go wrong with deals like 30 percent off at Hotels.com. Head to www.retailmenot.com for even double the savings.
Let yourself be treated like royalty and allow yourself to take advantage of Palace Resorts’ cyber deals. Get up to 50 percent rates for Dec. 1-June 9 travel at eight beachfront properties throughout Mexico and Jamaica. Stays must be three nights or more and can be booked only on Cyber Monday, so get these rates while you can at www.palaceresorts.com.
Get more than 50 percent off on a trip to the Bahamas when booking now through Dec. 10. Grand Lucayan Bahamas is offering 55 percent off rates starting at $99 for three-night stays from Nov. 27 through Sept. 1, 2016. Go to www.grandlucayan.com to book now.
Trump Hotels is offering a “suite” deal by giving 30 percent off all suites booked between now and Dec. 1. Pick any location from New York to Miami to Doonbeg, Ireland, for any stay between Jan. 1 and March 31. By booking through this deal, you also get special amenities such as early check-in and late checkout. Go to www.trumphotelcollection.com to make your reservations today.
Get away to the Berkshires by booking a trip to Hotel on North. For any trip booked on Cyber Monday for a stay in 2016, guests will receive 20 percent off. Use the code CYBER at www.hotelonnorth.com or call 413-358-4741.
Ten lucky people will get a 90 percent discount on a $1,000 room through Tortuga Bay at Puntacana Resort & Club. Call in Monday at 10 a.m. for your chance to get a Junior Suite for $100 a night for the first week of September, as well as 10 percent off food, drink, and spa offerings. The rate is valid for three nights, with $300 off for any additional nights. Visit www.tortugabayhotel.com for more information.
The Colonnade Hotel offers “Frosty Friday” savings for families and couples on Cyber Monday. Guests booking on that day will pay a price equal to the temperature for a Friday night stay and receive a discount equal to that same temp on Saturday. So, if it’s 30 degrees out on Friday, you pay $30 for that Friday stay and save $30 off a $299 room the next night. For more details, go to www.colonnadehotel.com.
The Condado Vanderbilt is offering 50 percent off your trip to Puerto Rico. Cut your rates (usually $450-$3,000) in half for travel between Jan. 2 and April 30. Book online at www.condadovanderbilt.com.
Hit the beach for less at Copamarina Beach Resort & Spa. On Cyber Monday only, you can get a room for $129 a night, a 30 percent savings. Stays must be between Jan. 2 and April 30 for a minimum of two nights, and bookings include two complimentary drinks and 15 percent off at La Palmas Cafe. Visit www.copamarina.com for more details.
La Concha Renaissance Resort, one of San Juan’s beach hotels, is offering 30 percent off select rooms. Choose from an oceanfront room, city view room, ocean view suite, or just a plain suite for travel between Aug. 22 and Oct. 22. Go to www.marriott.com and use the booking code “7YM” to cash in.
Head on down to the happy island of Aruba with Hyatt Regency Aruba’s deals. They’re offering 20 percent off a deluxe room for a five-night stay. With your booking, you get a complimentary welcome drink, $100 resort credit, a complimentary cocktail for two at Piet’s Pier Bar, and Wi-Fi. Offer applies to travel between April 1 and Dec. 19, 2016. For reservations, go to www.aruba.hyatt.com and use the code CYBR15.
If you happen to be crossing the Atlantic, reward yourself with travel deals on Raileurope.com . There are a variety of offers, including $30 off a $300 gift card and 30 percent off EuroStar Standard Premier train tickets. For more deals on tickets and bookings, go to www.raileurope.com.
Expedia is giving travelers 90 percent off bookings to top destinations from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Cyber Monday. From New York to Seattle to Punta Cana, there’s a deal on a new city each hour for travel dates between Nov. 30 and March 31. Go to www.expedia.com for more details.Erin Kayata can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.