Makes about 2 dozen
|½||teaspoon baking soda|
|1½||teaspoons pumpkin pie spice|
|10||tablespoons (1 stick plus 2 tablespoons)
unsalted butter, at room temperature
|½||cup granulated sugar|
|¾||cup brown sugar|
|½||cup pumpkin puree|
1. Set the oven at 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and salt to blend them.
3. In an electric mixer on medium speed, cream the butter with the granulated and brown sugars and pumpkin puree until thoroughly blended. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
4. With the mixer set on low speed, blend in the flour mixture until well combined.
5. Remove the bowl from the mixer stand. With a rubber spatula, stir in the chocolate chips.
6. Drop tablespoons of the batter onto the baking sheets, setting them 1 inch apart. Bake the cookies for 13 to 15 minutes or until just starting to brown. Rotate the sheets halfway through to ensure even cooking. Let the cookies cool on the sheets for a few minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Adapted from Cookie Lady Treats