|¾||cup cooked, pureed squash|
|¼||teaspoon ground cumin|
|6||(9-inch) flour tortillas|
|¾||cup canned white beans, drained|
|1½||cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese|
|2||scallions, thinly sliced|
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
|3||teaspoons canola oil|
|Hot sauce (for sprinkling)|
1. Set the oven at 300 degrees. Set a wire rack inside a rimmed baking sheet.
2. In a small bowl, mix together squash puree, cumin, and paprika.
3. Lay 3 tortillas on the counter. Spread each with squash puree, and sprinkle with beans, cheese, scallions, salt, and pepper. Place a tortilla on top.
4. In a large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat, cook quesadilla for 2 minutes on each side or until golden and crispy. Transfer to the baking sheet and keep warm in the oven. Heat the remaining tortillas and keep them warm in the same way.
5. Cut each quesadilla into 6 wedges. Serve with hot sauce. Karoline Boehm Goodnick