To make an easy weekday supper, stuff these cilantro-flavored beef meatballs and yogurt sauce into pita rounds with cucumbers and tomatoes.
|12||ounces Greek-style yogurt|
|1||teaspoon Dijon mustard|
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
|2||tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro|
1. In a bowl, whisk the yogurt, onion, coriander, mustard, salt, and pepper until thoroughly combined.
2. Sprinkle with cilantro; set aside.
|1||slice white sandwich bread, crusts removed|
|½||small bunch fresh cilantro, thick stems removed|
|1||teaspoon ground cumin|
|1||pound lean ground beef|
|2||tablespoons olive oil|
1. In a bowl, combine the bread and milk. Set aside for 5 minutes, turning several times.
2. Add the onion, cilantro, coriander, cumin, salt, pepper, and beef. With clean hands, knead the mixture until thoroughly combined.
3. With wet hands, shape the mixture into 1½–inch balls.
4. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Fry the meatballs in two batches, turning them once, for 10 to 12 minutes, or until browned. Serve the meatballs warm, topped with yogurt sauce. Nisrine Merzouki