This recipe is outstanding even with bottled pomegranate juice (much easier than trying to juicea pomegranate). Pomegranate molasses is widely available in specialty and Middle Eastern markets.
|1||tablespoon ground mint|
|½||teaspoon ground black pepper|
|1||tablespoon ground cumin|
|¼||tablespoon ground ginger|
|¼||tablespoon ground fennel|
|½||tablespoon ground sumac|
1. In a bowl, combine the oregano, mint, pepper, cinnamon, cumin, ginger, fennel, allspice, and
2. Mix well.
|4||tablespoons pomegranate molasses|
|⅓||cup pomegranate juice|
|2||cloves garlic, crushed|
|2||pounds chicken wings|
1. In a bowl, combine the pomegranate molasses, juice, honey, and garlic. Add the chicken wings and thoroughly coat with the
marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
2. Set the oven at 400 degrees.
3. On a large rimmed baking sheet, arrange the wings in one layer. Sprinkle liberally with the spice blend, setting aside 1 tablespoon for later.
4. Roast the wings for 30 to 40 minutes, or until golden brown. Sprinkle with the remaining spice mixture. Adapted from “Orient Express”