|1¼||cups plain yogurt|
|1||clove garlic, crushed|
|½||teaspoon dried mint|
|1||scallion, finely chopped|
1. In a bowl, mix the yogurt, garlic, and salt.
2. Sprinkle with mint and scallion.
|1||pound green beans, trimmed and halved crosswise|
|4||tablespoons (½ stick) butter|
|1||onion, finely chopped|
|1||green bell pepper, cored, seeded, and thinly sliced|
|Salt and black pepper, to taste|
|1||tablespoon chopped fresh basil|
|1||tablespoon chopped fresh
1. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the beans and boil for 7 minutes or until they are tender but still firm. Drain and rinse with very cold water.
2. In a large skillet, melt the butter. Add the onion, bell pepper, salt, and black pepper. Cook, stirring often, for 8 minutes. Stir in the beans and basil and cook 2 minutes more or until they are hot.
3. Spoon the mixture into a serving dish, pour the yogurt sauce over the top, and sprinkle with parsley.
Adapted from “The Yogurt Cookbook”