|⅔||cup olive oil|
|1||small bunch thyme, leaves chopped|
|1||small bunch parsley, finely chopped|
|3||cloves garlic, finely chopped|
|Pinch crushed red pepper|
|Salt and black pepper, to taste|
|3||medium summer squash, sliced
into ¼-inch pieces
|3||medium zucchini, sliced into ¼-inch pieces|
|2||pints cherry tomatoes|
|2½||pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined|
1. In a bowl combine olive oil, thyme, parsley, garlic, red pepper, salt, and black pepper. Mix well. Add summer squash, zucchini, cherry tomatoes, and shrimp. Stir gently.
2. Begin and end each skewer with a shrimp. Thread them with shrimp and vegetables. You should be able to make about 2 dozen skewers. Place finished skewers in a baking dish. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or for up to overnight.
3. Light a charcoal grill or turn a gas grill to medium-high.
4. Grill the skewers for 5 to 8 minutes, turning until the vegetables and shrimp are cooked through.
5. Remove skewers from grill and reserve 10 skewers for the gazpacho. Serve with garlic bread.