One of the specialties of Konoba Kod Joze in Split, Croatia, is a dish that translates as “green noodles with sea fruits.” This spinach pasta with seafood is cooked in the Dalmatian style with plenty of olive oil and wine.
|Salt, to taste|
|1||pound fresh spinach
|2||tablespoons olive oil|
|6||cloves garlic, chopped|
|1||cup white wine|
|½||pound shrimp, shelled|
|¼||cup chopped fresh parsley|
|Olive oil (for sprinkling)|
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add the pasta and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until it is tender but still has some bite. Drain without rinsing.
2. In the pot over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the wine and cook 1 minute more. Add the mussels and cover the pan. Steam for 2 to 3 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally, or until the mussels open. With a slotted spoon, transfer the mussels to a bowl and cover with foil; discard any that do not open.
3. Add clams to the pot, cover and steam for 6 minutes or until they open. With a slotted spoon, transfer the clams to the bowl of mussels; discard any that do not open.
4. Add the shrimp to the pot and cook for 4 minutes or until they are bright pink and cooked through. Transfer to the mussels.
5. Add the pasta to the pot and stir to coat the pasta with the cooking juices. Cook, stirring, until the pasta is hot.
6. Return the mussel mixture to the pot. Cook, stirring gently, for
1 minute. Sprinkle with parsley and olive oil. Adapted from
Konoba Kod Joze