Whole-milk ricotta adds a rich creaminess in this bowl of bow-tie (farfalle) pasta, which balances peppery fresh arugula and the brightness of a tart, lemony dressing.
|3||tablespoons lemon juice|
|Grated rind of ½ lemon|
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
|¼||cup olive oil|
1. In a bowl, whisk the lemon juice and rind, salt, and pepper.
2. Gradually whisk in the olive oil until blended. Taste for seasoning and add more salt and pepper, if you like.
|8||ounces bow-tie (farfalle) pasta|
|4||ounces whole-milk ricotta|
|4||ounces fresh arugula, large stems removed|
1. In a skillet over medium heat, toast the walnuts, shaking the pan often, for 8 minutes or until fragrant; cool. Coarsely chop the nuts.
2. In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes, or until it is tender but still has some bite. Drain into a colander but do not rinse. Transfer to a bowl. Add the vinaigrette, toss gently, and set aside for 5 minutes. Add the ricotta, toss again, and set aside to cool.
3. Add the arugula and toss again. Sprinkle with walnuts. Taste for seasoning and add more salt and pepper, if you like.