When you need a healthy, filling snack (or supper), toss good hothouse tomatoes, bell peppers, radishes, mint, small cucumbers, feta, and olives to make a beautiful Greek salad. Warm rounds of naan or thick pita and use the salad as a topping.
|3||tablespoons red wine vinegar|
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
|5||tablespoons olive oil|
|6||large cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered|
|4||small Persian cucumbers. cut into ½-inch pieces|
|1||red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and cut into ½-inch pieces|
|4||radishes, trimmed and thinly sliced|
|¼||red onion, thinly sliced|
|½||cup loosely packed mint leaves|
|½||cup loosely packed Italian parsley leaves|
|2||tablespoons chopped fresh oregano|
|½||cup pitted Greek olives|
|4||soft flatbreads such as naan or small thick pita|
|4||ounces feta, crumbled|
1. Set the oven at 350 degrees. Have on hand a baking sheet.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, salt, and pepper. Gradually whisk in the oil. Taste for seasoning and add more salt and pepper, if you like.
3. Add the tomatoes, cucumbers, bell pepper, radishes, onion, mint, parsley, oregano, and olives to the bowl. Stir gently to mix the salad with the dressing.
4. Spread the flatbreads on a baking sheet and heat for 5 minutes, or until warm.
5. Place the flatbreads on 4 plates and top with salad. Sprinkle with feta. Sally Pasley Vargas
Sally Pasley Vargas can be reached at email@example.com.