Do you want to train like an Olympic hockey player? Mike Boyle recommends these
1. Pushups: Get into a plank position and lower your body until your chest nearly hits the floor, then push back up again. Perform three sets of 10. Strengthens the arms, chest, and core.
2. Chin-ups: Start from a full hang with your hands shoulder-width apart and your palms facing inward. Pull up until your chin reaches over the bar, then slowly lower yourself back down. Perform three sets of 10. Strengthens the back and arms.
3. Rear-foot elevated split squats: Elevate your rear foot on a bench or a box and squat using your other leg. Perform three sets of 10 on each leg. Works on balance, hip flexibility, and strength.
4. Plank: Lie on your stomach, then raise your body off the floor with your forearms and feet supporting your weight. Keep your abdominal muscles tight. Perform three sets, holding for 30 seconds each. Strengthens the core.
5. Squat jumps: Stand with your feet hip-width apart and perform a squat, keeping your hips back. On the way up, engage your core and perform an explosive jump, landing in the original squat position. Perform three sets of 10. Builds explosiveness and strengthens the legs.