Metro

Madison, Maine

Family escapes mobile home fire

Advertisement

Authorities say a fire originating in a bedroom destroyed most of a mobile home in the central Maine town of Madison, but the family living there survived. Madison Fire Chief Roger Lightbody told the Morning Sentinel of Waterville that the bedroom was destroyed in Friday night’s fire and the rest of the interior had extensive smoke damage. Lightbody said three children and two adults were inside when the fire broke out. All of them escaped unharmed, but three cats died in the blaze.

Loading comments...
Real journalists. Real journalism. Subscribe to The Boston Globe today.
We hope you've enjoyed your free articles.
Continue reading by subscribing to Globe.com for just 99¢.
 Already a member? Log in Home
Subscriber Log In

We hope you've enjoyed your 5 free articles'

Stay informed with unlimited access to Boston’s trusted news source.

  • High-quality journalism from the region’s largest newsroom
  • Convenient access across all of your devices
  • Today’s Headlines daily newsletter
  • Subscriber-only access to exclusive offers, events, contests, eBooks, and more
  • Less than 25¢ a week
Marketing image of BostonGlobe.com
Marketing image of BostonGlobe.com