Relive the excitement of the Patriots’ path to their fourth Super Bowl Championship with “Pumped”, a special commemorative book from The Boston Globe. Order now.

Tyngsborough

Improper cigarette disposal leads to fire that destroys Tyngsborough home

Improper cigarette disposal caused a three-alarm fire that destroyed a Tyngsborough home early Friday, police said. Tyngsborough police and firefighters responded to a call for a fire at 10 Long Pond Road at 2:06 a.m., police said. The right side of the two-family structure was burning when police and firefighters arrived, and it took nearly two hours to bring the blaze under control. One of the three residents was treated by EMTs for shortness of breath and nausea, police said.

Lauren Dezenski can be reached at lauren.dezenski@globe.com
Loading comments...

Wake up with today's top stories.

Want each day's news headlines delivered fresh to your
inbox every morning? Just connect with us
in one of the following ways:
or
Please enter a valid email
BostonGlobe.com will never post anything without asking. Privacy Policy
Subscriber Log In

You have reached the limit of 5 free articles in a month

Stay informed with unlimited access to Boston’s trusted news source.

  • High-quality journalism from the region’s largest newsroom
  • Convenient access across all of your devices
  • Today’s Headlines daily newsletter
  • Subscriber-only access to exclusive offers, events, contests, eBooks, and more
  • Less than 25¢ a week
Marketing image of BostonGlobe.com
Marketing image of BostonGlobe.com