Relive the excitement of the Patriots’ path to their fourth Super Bowl Championship with “Pumped”, a special commemorative book from The Boston Globe. Order now.

Durham, N.H.

UNH students burned when pipe bursts

Continue reading below

Three female students at the University of New Hampshire were burned Saturday afternoon after a hot water pipe burst outside a residence hall in Durham, N.H., a spokeswoman said. The injuries, believed to be third-degree burns on the women’s feet, occurred around 2:30 p.m. as they fled from Hunter Hall, a three-story dormitory that houses about 115 students, spokeswoman Erika Mantz said. Mantz said the injured students were taken to local hospitals, and later transferred to Boston hospitals. The hot water damaged four rooms and a small section of the first-floor hallway, Mantz said.

Wake up with today's top stories.

Want each day's news headlines delivered fresh to your
inbox every morning? Just connect with us
in one of the following ways:
or
Please enter a valid email
BostonGlobe.com will never post anything without asking. Privacy Policy
Subscriber Log In

You have reached the limit of 5 free articles in a month

Stay informed with unlimited access to Boston’s trusted news source.

  • High-quality journalism from the region’s largest newsroom
  • Convenient access across all of your devices
  • Today’s Headlines daily newsletter
  • Subscriber-only access to exclusive offers, events, contests, eBooks, and more
  • Less than 25¢ a week
Marketing image of BostonGlobe.com
Marketing image of BostonGlobe.com