The Rhode Island National Guard is canceling Leapfest, its annual international parachuting competition, because of automatic federal budget cuts. The Guard made the announcement Tuesday. The static line parachute competition had been scheduled for August. Major General Kevin McBride, adjutant general of the guard, said all military demonstrations are prohibited because of the cuts. Leapfest has been held since 1982, and it is described by the Guard as the largest, longest standing international static-line parachute training event and competition. It has drawn teams from nations including New Zealand, Tunisia, Britain, and South Africa. McBride said they will plan to hold it next year.