Metro

AUBURN, Maine

Auburn firefighters save snakes from burning attic

Advertisement

It may sounds like a B-grade movie, but it was all too real for Maine firefighters who encountered snakes in an attic. Firefighters in Auburn learned upon responding to an attic fire Monday morning that a tenant was keeping 25 to 30 ball pythons in the attic. Captain Scott Hunter told WMTW-TV that firefighters rescued about half the snakes after being told they were not poisonous. Firefighters believe that a heater used to keep the snakes warm caused the fire.

Loading comments...
Real journalists. Real journalism. Subscribe to The Boston Globe today.
We hope you've enjoyed your free articles.
Continue reading by subscribing to Globe.com for just 99¢.
 Already a member? Log in Home
Subscriber Log In

We hope you've enjoyed your 5 free articles'

Stay informed with unlimited access to Boston’s trusted news source.

  • High-quality journalism from the region’s largest newsroom
  • Convenient access across all of your devices
  • Today’s Headlines daily newsletter
  • Subscriber-only access to exclusive offers, events, contests, eBooks, and more
  • Less than 25¢ a week
Marketing image of BostonGlobe.com
Marketing image of BostonGlobe.com