Next Score View the next score

    No news, but plenty of reporters at Hernandez’s home

    On a hot day, ESPN Deportes broadcaster Eduardo Varela went to work in front of the house.
    On a hot day, ESPN Deportes broadcaster Eduardo Varela went to work in front of the house.

    NORTH ATTLEBOROUGH — Media staked out the home of Aaron Hernandez for a sixth consecutive day Sunday, but there has been no word about progress in the case of the New England Patriots star, who is being investigated in connection with the slaying of an acquaintance.

    More than 35 journalists, camera crews, and satellite trucks have remained camped outside all day, but law enforcement officials still declined to comment on the investigation and no arrests or other developments were announced.

    Hernandez has been questioned and his home has been searched as part of the investigation into the murder of Odin Lloyd, 27, of Dorchester, whose bullet-ridden body was found in an industrial park close to the Patriots tight end’s home Monday evening.


    The Globe has reported that police have obtained video footage showing Hernandez with Lloyd in the hours before the murder.

    Get Fast Forward in your inbox:
    Forget yesterday's news. Get what you need today in this early-morning email.
    Thank you for signing up! Sign up for more newsletters here

    Police conducted an intense, nearly four-hour search of Hernandez’s home on Saturday, before departing with about half a dozen brown paper bags of possible evidence.

    Hernandez has not left his home since he returned from his attorney’s office on Friday afternoon. Neither he nor his attorney have spoken publicly about the investigation.

    Several women came and went at the home Sunday but Hernandez has only rarely been spotted. Shortly before 8:30 Sunday night he peered out of the glass window of his front door, but walked away as onlookers began to take notice.

    At about 11:45 a.m. Sunday, two women left Hernandez’s house, got into a silver Nissan SUV and drove away. They returned a little before 3 p.m. About 45 minutes later, a third woman arrived at the home in a Ford Fusion with Rhode Island license plates. Around 5:20 p.m., all three women left, taking a dog with them.


    At 9:30 p.m. a silver Ford Fusion left the house.

    Cars of curious onlookers drove slowly down Ronald C. Meyer Drive to snap photos of Hernandez’s home and of the gaggle of media across the street, a scene that has been reenacted for nearly a week.

    Aside from one North Attleborough police cruiser that drove by, there was no visible police presence around the home.

    While some neighbors have expressed annoyance with the throngs of media and crowds that have gathered in recent days, one young neighbor extended an olive branch.

    John Mangili, 10, who lives diagonally across from Hernandez, made a run to Dunkin’ Donuts with his mother and cousin and brought back doughnuts and coffee on Sunday morning to hand out to members of the media.

    Globe correspondent Mary Pavlu contributed to this report. Wesley Lowery can be reached at Follow him on Twitter @WesleyLowery. Colin A. Young can be reached at Follow him on Twitter @ColinAYoung. Juliet Pennington can be reached at