Two ex-convicts are facing new charges after a shooting and chase in Roxbury last week.
Tabari Muhammad and Daquadry Norman, both 21 and from Roxbury, were arrested around 6 p.m. Friday after a 19-year-old man was shot in the torso on Fenno Street, prosecutors said.
The victim was transported to Boston Medical Center with injuries that were not considered life-threatening, said Jake Wark, spokesman for Suffolk District Attorney Daniel F. Conley.
Muhammad and Norman were arraigned Monday in Roxbury District Court on charges that included assault with intent to murder, assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, and firearms charges, Wark said.
Pleas of not guilty were entered on their behalf.
Because of their records, the men were also charged as armed career criminals.
Police responding to the shooting noticed a gray Ford leaving the scene with Muhammad and Norman allegedly inside. Norman was arrested on Rockland Street after a foot chase.
Muhammad, who was being pursued by a private security guard, entered a house and locked the door, Wark said.
After a SWAT team and K-9 unit responded, Muhammad was found hiding in a crawl space at 74 Rockland St., Wark said.
While hiding, Muhammad damaged a sewer pipe, which resulted in sewage contaminating his clothing, Wark added.
Police reviewed surveillance images from Fenno Street that showed Muhammad and Norman entering the area and raising their arms, Wark said. The video then showed people running in different directions, which led police to believe Muhammad and Norman were responsible for the shooting.
Nine shell casings were found.
Norman shot and injured a youth football coach in 2007, Wark said. He was sentenced to five years in prison.
In 2008, Muhammad was convicted of armed robbery in Florida, Wark said.
Bail was set at $100,000 in the new case, the DA’s spokesman said.
If either man makes bail, he will be under house arrest and have to wear a GPS monitor and must not have any contact with the victim.