Woman, 65, dies in Springfield house fire

A 65-year-old woman died Wednesday after a fire broke out in the kitchen of her Springfield house, officials said. Dorothy Lee was pulled from the window of the one-story ranch in the city’s Sixteen Acres neighborhood just after midnight Wednesday, Fire Department spokesman Dennis Leger said. Lee was taken to a hospital, where she was pronounced dead. Her daughter and the family dog survived the fire, which may have started after two pans of food were left unattended on the stove, Leger said. No smoke detectors were found in the house, he said.