You can now read 5 articles in a month for free on BostonGlobe.com. Read as much as you want anywhere and anytime for just 99¢.

Hingham

Teen to face charges for BB gun school scare

Continue reading below

A 13-year-old boy who was spotted behind a Hingham elementary school with a pellet gun last week, prompting a brief lockdown, is facing a number of charges, authorities said. The teen will be charged with assault with a dangerous weapon, carrying a dangerous weapon on school grounds, being a minor in possession of a BB gun, and disorderly conduct, Sergeant Steven Dearth told the Patriot Ledger. Foster Elementary School went into lockdown for about 20 minutes Thursday after school officials received a report of someone in the woods behind the school, possibly carrying a gun and wearing a ski mask. Although school was over for the day, there were some students and staff involved in after-school activities in the building.

Loading comments...
Want each day's news headlines delivered fresh to your
inbox every morning? Just connect with us
in one of the following ways:
or
Please enter a valid email
BostonGlobe.com will never post anything without asking.
Privacy Policy
Subscriber Log In

You have reached the limit of 5 free articles in a month

Stay informed with unlimited access to Boston’s trusted news source.

  • High-quality journalism from the region’s largest newsroom
  • Convenient access across all of your devices
  • Today’s Headlines daily newsletter
  • Subscriber-only access to exclusive offers, events, contests, eBooks, and more
  • Less than 25¢ a week
Marketing image of BostonGlobe.com
Marketing image of BostonGlobe.com