A couple has died in a house fire in Bridgewater, N.H., fire officials said. Firefighters were called to the fire on River Road at about 12:40 a.m. Monday. They found a man and a woman on the first floor. WMUR-TV reported that the two were identified as Paul and Jane Morrill and that Paul Morrill was fire chief in Bridgewater in 1975, starting the Fire Department. Neighbors said the two had recently celebrated their 50th anniversary. Investigators said the fire was accidental. They said the chimney liner was compromised, leading to a fire that spread.