You can now read 5 articles in a month for free on BostonGlobe.com. Read as much as you want anywhere and anytime for just 99¢.

PLAISTOW, N.H.

N.H. officials investigate three carbon monoxide deaths

Continue reading below

A problem with a furnace is considered the likely cause of carbon monoxide poisoning that killed three people and sickened a fourth in a home in Plaistow Tuesday. State Fire Marshall J. William Degnan said the fourth victim was taken to Massachusetts General Hospital after firefighters were called to the Plaistow home at 11:30 a.m. His condition was not immediately released. Degnan said the home had a carbon monoxide detector, but it did not have batteries. He said the investigation is focused on the propane-fired furnace. All the victims were adults. One woman and two men were unresponsive when emergency crews arrived, said Plaistow fire officials.

Loading comments...

Wake up with today's top stories.

Want each day's news headlines delivered fresh to your
inbox every morning? Just connect with us
in one of the following ways:
or
Please enter a valid email
BostonGlobe.com will never post anything without asking.
Privacy Policy
Subscriber Log In

You have reached the limit of 5 free articles in a month

Stay informed with unlimited access to Boston’s trusted news source.

  • High-quality journalism from the region’s largest newsroom
  • Convenient access across all of your devices
  • Today’s Headlines daily newsletter
  • Subscriber-only access to exclusive offers, events, contests, eBooks, and more
  • Less than 25¢ a week
Marketing image of BostonGlobe.com
Marketing image of BostonGlobe.com