Metro

BOSTON

South Boston man, 90, dies of injuries in one-alarm house fire

Advertisement

A 90-year-old man has died of injuries sustained in a fire that tore through his South Boston apartment over the weekend, fire officials said Tuesday. Andrew Pano was pronounced dead Monday at Massachusetts General Hospital, where he had been taken following the one-alarm fire on E Street. An unidentified elderly woman who lived on the top floor of the three-decker is in serious condition at Brigham and Women’s Hospital, officials said. The cause of Saturday’s fire was determined to be an electrical short circuit in Pano’s bedroom, Boston Fire Department spokesman Steve MacDonald said.

Catalina Gaitan can be reached at catalina.gaitan@globe.com. Follow her on Twitter at @catalina_gaitan.
Loading comments...
Real journalists. Real journalism. Subscribe to The Boston Globe today.
We hope you've enjoyed your free articles.
Continue reading by subscribing to Globe.com for just 99¢.
 Already a member? Log in Home
Subscriber Log In

We hope you've enjoyed your 5 free articles'

Stay informed with unlimited access to Boston’s trusted news source.

  • High-quality journalism from the region’s largest newsroom
  • Convenient access across all of your devices
  • Today’s Headlines daily newsletter
  • Subscriber-only access to exclusive offers, events, contests, eBooks, and more
  • Less than 25¢ a week
Marketing image of BostonGlobe.com
Marketing image of BostonGlobe.com