fb-pixel Skip to main content

Red Cross responds to fire at Middleton motel

Red Cross volunteers responded at 5:15 a.m. to a fire that broke out in the Candlelite Motor Inn, a motel on Route 114 in Middleton, according to Dawn Leaks, director of communications for the Red Cross. Fifty-four occupied units were affected by the fire, said Leaks.

“Residents who were not on scene at the time of our arrival are still walking in, so it’s unclear exactly how many people have been affected at this point,” wrote Leaks in a statement.

The Red Cross set up an assistance center to aid guests with food, coffee, and individual emergency needs, she said.