Chipotle Mexican Grill reopened its location in Cleveland Circle over the weekend, putting to an end a lengthy closure that began when 136 Boston College students and others got sick after eating there.

Company spokesman Chris Arnold said the restaurant opened Saturday.

City officials cleared it on Wednesday to resume operations, but an unrelated water leak led the company to keep it shut for a few extra days.

“We didn’t have to do anything more than fixing the leak and any related damage,” Arnold said.

The city ordered the restaurant to close Dec. 7, and an inspection found several violations, including a sick worker who came to work on Dec. 3.


Officials also reported inadequately heated meat.

Follow-up tests last week found that nearly all the employees were virus-free, according to the city. Those who are infected may not enter the building.

This incident is unrelated to the national outbreak of E. coli infections linked to food from the Chipotle chain, which affected 52 people across nine states.

Andy Rosen of Globe staff contributed to this report. Alexandra Koktsidis can be reached at alexandra.koktsidis@globe.com. Follow her on Twitter @akoktsidis.