fb-pixel Skip to main content

4 accused of beating, robbing autistic man in Weymouth

Christopher KeeleyWeymouth police

Four Weymouth residents are facing charges after they allegedly beat a 21-year-old autistic man, kicking him in the face and hitting him with a bottle before stealing his cellphone and wallet, police said.

Christopher Keeley, 21, and Tiago Teixeira, 19, were charged with unarmed robbery, assault and battery causing serious bodily harm, assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, and conspiracy, according to a Weymouth police report.

Both men appeared Monday in Quincy District Court. The judge set bail at $5,000, with various conditions, including GPS monitoring.

The judge also revoked Teixeira’s bail on a 2015 assault and battery case out of Hingham, officials said.


Two women, an 18-year-old and a 19-year-old, were also charged. Their names were not released because they haven’t been arrested yet, police said. They will face the same charges as Keeley and Teixeira.

The four friends were driving around in a car on Aug. 22 when one of the young women received a message from the autistic victim, asking to meet up and smoke marijuana, the woman told police.

The woman agreed and made plans to meet him near his home at House Rock Park, a frequent meeting spot for teenagers in the area, police said.

Tiago TeixeiraWeymouth police

“She stated that the four occupants of the car devised a plan to rob him,” the report said.

Keeley and Teixeira got out of the car and hid in the woods, the report said. The two young women stayed in the car.

The victim arrived at the park and tried to get into the car, police said, but the doors were locked.

The two men then emerged from the woods and allegedly started beating the victim, police said.

One of the women “stated that [she] eventually stopped the assault because she knew he was getting hurt and never meant for that to happen,” the report said.


Police found the victim at South Shore Hospital, lying in a hospital bed and covered with blood, the report said.

“He had noticeable swelling in his face, mouth, and eyes,” the report said. “He was also secured in a neck brace.”

He had been walking from house to house after the attack with a bloodied face until he reached his home and his mother drove him to the hospital, the report said.

On Aug. 24, Keeley and Teixeira turned themselves into the police department, police said.

“Keeley stated that they never meant for that to happen,” the report said.

Mark Bennett, who is representing Keeley, said his client denies the charges and looks forward to his day in court.

“What I would say about the police report is that it’s the starting place,” Bennett said. “But very often what’s in the police report turns out to be not exactly factual. We’re still at the starting point and there’s a long way to go.”

John Gibbons, Teixeira’s attorney, did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Both men will appear in court for a probable cause hearing on Sept. 27.

Dylan McGuinness can be reached at dylan.mcguinness@globe.com. Follow him on Twitter at @DylMcGuinness.