scorecardresearch Skip to main content

Two hospitalized in Bedford after CO poisoning

Two people were hospitalized after high levels of carbon monoxide forced officials to evacuate a a 20-unit apartment building in Bedford Sunday evening.

The building at 1105 Albion Road was cleared at about 5 p.m. after a carbon monoxide alarm went off, Bedford fire and police said in a statement. Two people who lived in the building were taken to the hospital, but officials said they are both expected to survive.

Officials found that the high carbon monoxide level was due to a problem with the boiler. At about 8 p.m. the boiler was repaired and residents were allowed to return to their apartments.


“This was a very dangerous situation, and had it not been for the CO alarms sounding, this could have turned into a serious tragedy,” Bedford Police Sgt. Paul Saunders said in a statement.

Reena Karasin can be reached at Follow her on Twitter @reenakarasin.